Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Let's talk about Hair

I love my hair. I think it's one of my best features and I have to wash it every single day. I wanted to find something that would help me not have to wash my hair as often and that would keep my hair looking gorgeous.

I've tried everything from Herbal Essences (fav), Pantene (least fav), Main and Tail, Garnier Fructis to Aussie and the list goes on and on and on. I tend to use the same shampoo/conditioner combo for a couple months, get tired of it and switch to a new one, which can get pretty expensive.

I did some research and found that baking soda and vinegar are actually good for your hair. I found this "recipe" from Amanda at Living In Another Language. She called it "no poo". I read her reviews on it and thought I would give it a try.



Unfortunately, it did not work out as well for me.

The first day I tried it my hair looked great. Didn't smell like vinegar and actually looked really clean. I woke up the next morning and my hair looked awesome. I sweat a lot that day, so I decided to wash my hair that night (again with the no poo). When I got up the next morning my hair looked really dirty, so I decided to wash it again. I started styling it and my hair was so greasy. I was really upset because I had taken the time to style it and it looked like I hadn't even washed it.

My final conclusion is that the "no poo" is good occasionally, but if your hair tends to get oily, you're just going to have to suck it up and wash it.

Have you tried any shampoos that you love and don't damage your hair? Let me know! I would love to hear about it!


No comments:

Post a Comment