Monday, February 17, 2014

For the Love of Nashville: Part 1


I could go on and on about how much I am in love with my boyfriend, but that would take me forever to write. The sum of it. He's the love of my life, my soulmate and my best friend. And if he was a city, he would be Nashville. He "gave" me a trip to Nashville for my birthday back in October and because of school, work and previous commitments we decided that it would be great to spend Valentine's weekend there too.

Both he and I have done all the touristy stuff there is to do in Nashville, so we wanted to really experience Nashville, the way the locals do.

So we packed up, filled the gas tank and headed west hand in hand towards Nashville on Friday, February 14th. We arrived around 4 pm, checked into our room, got dressed up and headed out for dinner.

I used this great website, Roadtrippers to plan our trip. It's great, you should check it out.

For Valentine's dinner we went to Monell's Cafe. Later, we met a Nashville native that said that we chose to go to the wrong Monell's location. Nashvillians recommend Monell's in Germantown.


After dinner we decided to go to the Patterson House for drinks and dessert. Go there. Please. It was the coolest experience and the drinks were out of this world. And if you want to get food, get the S'mores. You'll understand why when you taste them. It was so dimly lit I wasn't able to get any good pictures, but here's a picture of Gill and I as we were leaving.



Tip: Get there early. We got there relatively early and still had to wait about an hour before being seated. It gets packed fast and they don't take reservations unless you have a party of 6 or more. Also, it's on the corner of the street and there's no sign. During the day it's a restaurant called The Catbird Seat. That's how you'll know you're at the right place.


Look for Part 2 Tomorrow!




No comments:

Post a Comment